Master Moon Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kwon Do
Tae Kwon Do
Free Trial Program
Martial Arts Frequently Asked questions
- How is Taekwondo different from other martial arts?
- The different martial arts all originated in different countries, thousands of years ago, as forms of military training. Karate comes from Japan and Kung Fu from China. Taekwondo is native to Korea. Taekwondo has grown to become the most popular form of martial arts practiced in the world. In terms of techniques, Taekwondo emphasizes kicks more than other martial arts, making it ideal for improving balance, flexibility, and endurance. Kicking is also a powerful form of self defense for students of any size.Read more
- At what age can children start?
- Our experience has shown that children ages four and up will be able to achieve the greatest benefits from Taekwondo training. Starting at age four, your child is eligible to participate in a trial lesson, which will allow our instructors to work with them one on one and evaluate their readiness for group classes. Our staff will then use their experience to recommend the best program for your child.
- Will Taekwondo make my child more aggressive?
- No, your child will be taught from the first lesson that a true “Taekwondo kid” never misuses their martial arts skills. Throughout their training, they will be reminded that being physically and mentally tough doesn’t allow one to be tough with others. Instead, Taekwondo students are expected to be humble, courteous, respectful and careful about when and where they practice their skills. The instructors at Master Moon's Taekwondo will continually educate your child that Taekwondo is a form of exercise and self improvement, not a tool for bullying.
- How safe is it to learn martial arts?
- Taekwondo is safe and fun for students of all ages and physical abilities. Classes are supervised by expert instructors. All students are taught techniques in a step by step manner and at their own pace. A thorough stretching routine, matted flooring, and the use of protective safety equipment are all part of our commitment to ensuring student safety.
- What is Taekwondo?
- Tae Kwon Do (also known as Taekwondo) is the art of self defense that originated in Korea. It is recognized as one of the oldest forms of martial arts in the world, reaching back over 2,000 years. The name was selected for its appropriate description of the art: Tae (foot), Kwon (hand), Do (art).Read more
- What's the difference between Taekwondo and Karate?
- The core principles of both Taekwondo (or Tae Kwon Do) and Karate stress self-discipline and a high code of personal conduct. Both have a sport competition aspect, however this makes up only part of the entire curriculum.Read more